Thursday, March 01, 2007

Practicing Fidelity

On two fronts, even.

First, it occured to me while plodding through the green Weasley and That Scarf that just *maybe* I would be happier if I didn't have have so many large knitting projects weighing down my to-do list.

And maybe the reason I have so many of those is that I keep starting more of them while never really working on the old ones.

(Unless forced to.)

On the one hand, I am addicted to that cast-on rush.

On the other, there are several projects that I really want to have finished.

Moreover, I keep thinking about how enjoyable it would be to work on them.

Yet I don't.

Haven't for months now.

This has got to stop. (Maybe.)

I am not changing my ways!

Not, not, not.

But I am going to *try* out a little project fidelity.

See how it feels.

For one project.

If I don't like it, so be it. I'll go back to being a slut.

But for now, you're going to be getting a whole lot of Lizard Ridge.

Hope it isn't too boring. (For me. I don't care about you!)

Squares 10-13 of 24:

In Kureyon 183, 95, 180 and 153 (clockwise, starting from the upper left).



Second, I got me some over the weekend, and the resolution says I must blog about it, so here are some salacious pics:


Stripey Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock from Purl, and a skein of Cascade 220 -- probably for the edge of Lizard Ridge.


Koigu KPPM from The Yarn Company.


And something called Vignette by Nashua Handknits, also from the Yarn Co.


I am very excited about the Vignette -- it is a chainette superwash wool with relatively long color runs. Here's my thinking: chainette = low pilling; superwash = easy care; wool = warm; long color runs = striping not pooling.

Full of possibilities.

But I've got to think small. (Or maybe I've got to think "swatch.")

I've got just two skeins.

You might think that this is because I am phenonmenally strong-willed, and having already picked up the Koigu, I knew that I was only allowed two more skeins from that store under the Rules of Acquisition.

Ha!

They only had the two skeins. (Yes, I asked.)

Maybe that "higher power" was looking out for me, keeping me on the wagon awhile longer?

Sort of like on that episode of Wonderfalls.

You haven't seen Wonderfalls?

Who *are* you?

Okay, okay, so no one but me saw Wonderfalls.

Probably why they cancelled it.

Tragic.

That was some fine T.V.

(Available on DVD!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Knitting slut! There's a difference. :p

Did you go to Stitches West, O Mysterious Knitter? Love the additions to your stash.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Did not go to Stitches West. Wanted to, but was not in the area.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some gorgeous yarn. Especially the Lorna's Laces. Does it take two skeins to make a pair of socks?

Ang

2:45 AM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Ang: Yes, two skeins for a normal pair. In the past, I've had a fair amount left over, though. So if one had small feet and only wanted anklets, one might be able to get away with one skein.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely new yarn. I think fidelity of project (to project?) is over-rated. A Knitter needs a little outing with a new friend, or a very old friend, every now and again. Having a few projects, or several, is a way of cherishing your Knitters Soul. And that way, eventually, you could have a Rash of finished articles, all at once, in a blur of gorgeous yarn. Besides, from what I've seen there are plenty of Finished Ta Da moments in the vicinity of your needles.

5:33 PM  
Blogger meowmix said...

i loved wonderfalls. I was sad to see it go. tempted to the dvd set

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home