Monday, February 05, 2007

What I Have Been Doing Instead of What I Ought

It turns out that trying to mail that many packages, "all in one go," was a stupid and naive plan.

I've sent about half of them.

Hopefully the rest will trickle out over the next few days.

I so enjoyed all the lovely emails (most of which I have not yet answered -- bad me!), that I am sending something to everyone. (At least to those of you who sent me addresses. If you forgot, please still email me your address. If I had an email from you earlier, I figure you're in the que.) Hopefully you will like what you get. If you don't, foist it off on some other poor soul -- no white elephants is my motto. (One of them, anyway. There's also, "Aaawwwwww, do I hafta?")

Right.

So, all those packages were stressing me out (just kidding -- there was/is some other stuff bugging me that I won't go into), so instead of dealing with any of the mess head-on, of course I spent my valuable problem-solving time and energy knitting instead.

You might recognize this as the Mason-Dixon Flying Geese pattern, only this is in Rowan's Felted Tweed rather than the Harris Tweed the pattern calls for. I like it better.


No, no! I'm not actually making this blanket.

This is only a swatch.

That's my story.

And I'm sticking to it.




A swatch, people.

Just a rather large swatch.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

I hope all the messiness goes away soon, Miss Roberts.

Your flyin' geese look better than any I ever quilted. *L*

Nice swatch. ;^)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kahla said...

Ooh, I have been eyeing that pattern in MDK as well....I'll be interested to read your thoughts!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Love the swatch. Glad to see you handling stress constructively.

Ang

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know how fast you knit. You're just So Productive. I'm in awe. and quite smitten with that swatch.

2:43 PM  
Blogger knit_tgz said...

The swatch is lovely! (I must get the Mason-Dixon book, as soon as I have a bit of spare money...)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home