Monday, December 18, 2006

Blocking and Buttons

Major combat operations are ended:




But the blocking process could very easily devolve into a quagmire.

Conditions on the ground are not conducive to drying:




And I need to up-armor the knitting to prevent damage from insurgent attacks:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! (N.B. that this happened in the approximately only 10 seconds I left the knitting to get the shield o' towels.)



I suppose I wouldn't really mind them shedding all over my nice clean sweater. I do have the tools to deal with cat hair on clothing.

But the felines don't know the meaning of the word "gentle":

The shield o' towels, after only a few hours.



So if I want a sweater and not a pile of rags at the end of all this, the towels are probably necessary.

Hopefully Freya won't mildew before it dries!

In the meantime, I'm thinking about buttons:




I was leaning toward the white four-holed ones, but the greenish ones keep catching my eye.

Anyone out there have an opinion?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April Rescigno said...

I like the last one... it reminds me of the cabling you did.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second one from above!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home