Thursday, October 12, 2006

Secrets and Socks

So the deal is that I'm working on something that is intended to be a gift and that I don't know whether it will turn out at all. You know I have no trouble blogging about things that don't turn out, but with this one, I'm more than a little concerned. If it doesn't work out, I'd like the option of just forgetting about it. And if I blog about it . . . well, it will never go away, then!

What I will say right now is that it is something to go with this (can't leave well enough alone, doncha know), and that I'm using Noro Kureyon. Promise that if it does turn out, I will post all the gory details. (Probably if it doesn't work out I will post the even gorier details.)

In the meantime, I have managed to finish these babies, just in time (okay, way late) for Mom's B-day. After I had them all wrapped up, I realized that the toe on the second sock doesn't match the first. The first had a round toe, decreased to 12 stitches, then kitchenered. The second I decreased to 6 stitches and just pulled them tight. Doh! (If she wants them fixed, I'll happily do it, but they were already wrapped and everything!)

Plymouth Sockotta, colour #617. No pattern per se, but on 72 stitches, with a bit of ribbing, a regular ol' gusset, and round toes.



And now, why I will probably not be doing round toes again:





Two of my Brittany Birches bit the dust on that last toe!

Never before have I snapped a needle. And then TWO of them, gone, within minutes of eachother. (I guess they were trying to tell me I was "going the wrong way" with the toe. Why do I never listen?)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Ah yes, I too have "ignored the signs" and continued doing things even when the entire world was throwing out "suggestions" to stop it! And I usually wind up paying the price....

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are great but I especially love your "daily buttons"

9:32 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Those socks are lovely. From the picture you have here, I cannot tell that the toes are any different from one another. Besides, it is permissible for handknit socks to be little individuals.

Ang

1:00 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

I can't tell the difference in the toes either. They look good to me! Hopefully they feel the same (per toe) when she's wearing them.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home