Friday, June 30, 2006

Dialogue

"Hey! Hellllooooo?"

"Who? What?"

"You there!"

"Uhhhh . . . the handknits are talking to me?"

"What about me?"

"Ummmm. What about you?"

"I'm all knitted!"

"Yes?"

"My buttons are right here!"

"So?"

"I'm just sitting here in this sad little pile!":





"And?"

"And so please block me and sew me up?"

"Um, I'm a little busy right now."

"But I used the magic word!"

"I'm busy."

"Busy?"

"Yeah, maybe later."

"I don't believe you."

"You don't -- this is ridiculous. If you must know, I think you are probably for a twin, one who won't be born for months yet. So no one is going to mind if I wait until I'm done knitting your companion, and then put you both together at the same time."

"I mind."

"Well, I'm busy."

"I'm going to pout."

"Every darn trick in the book . . ."

"I might start to cry."

"Just have a little patience."

"No." *sniffle*

"Aw, geeze. I'll be done with your companion in a jiffy. It doesn't even have sleeves, so it'll be a real fast knit. Everything's going to be okay!"

"I saw you."

"Please, please, please don't worry! I've already cast on. See?":





"I SAW you."

"What ARE you talk --"

"I SAW YOU!!! I saw you with THIS!!!":





"Uh. . . . Oops?"

This time I have someone else to blame. Grumperina was reminiscing about reminiscing about her first big knitting project, the Prairie Blanket by Oat Couture. And I got to thinking it would probably be a good pattern for that other severely discounted All Seasons Cotton I snatched up with the vague intention of making a baby blanket. (You might correctly surmise that it is raining babies around here.)

But I haven't seen the pattern in any LYS I've visited lately. And if I order the thing, I'll have to wait forever to try it and see if I actually like it.

Or I could experiment, you know, maybe just for an hour, just to see if I can figure out something similar.

Just an hour.

Then I'll stop.

(I can stop any time.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Handknits can talk? Maybe those are the voices I keep hearing!!;->
Ang

2:31 PM  
Blogger the rachface said...

You can stop knitting anytime? Uh-huh, sure, you sound like me, hehe. Anyway, I just wanted to say I love your knits - saw them on the Mason Dixon KAL and followed you back here. And I love the trellis! Thanks for your feedback on the pattern, I was going to look at knitting up one of those myself. Love the blog!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home